of Use, available here: compliancecompendium.co.uk, compliancecompendium.com,
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”), the data controller is
Compliance Officer - Amit Anand (firstname.lastname@example.org), “Data” and “Personal Data”
have the meanings given to them in the Act.
it) sets out the basis on which any Personal Data we collect from you, or that you
provide to us, will be processed by us.
- Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your
personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the website, you are accepting and
consenting to the practices described in this policy. If you have any questions at all
about this policy or the website, please email email@example.com
- Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Amit Anand.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following Data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by
filling in forms on the website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or
otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use the website,
subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on the website,
participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a
competition, promotion or survey, click and use links provided throughout, use and
engage with the website in any way and when you report a problem with the website. The
information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number,
financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph;
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to the
Website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to
connect your computer or alternative device to the Internet, your login
information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types
and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators
(“URL”), clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time),
products you viewed or searched for’ page response times, download errors,
length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as
scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page,
and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about
you if you use any of the other Websites we operate or the other services we provide. We
are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners,
sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks,
analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will
notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we
intend to use that information.
3. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services that are similar
to those that you have already purchased, enquired about or otherwise engaged
- to notify you about changes to the Website; and
- to ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective
manner for you and for your computer or internet enabled device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Website and for internal operations, including
troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey
- to improve the Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective
manner for you and for your computer or internet enabled device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you
choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and
others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Website
about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with
information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this
information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on
the types of information we receive).
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will NOT disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To give effect to clause 3.1 above;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will
seek your permission prior to disclosing your Personal Data to the prospective
seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case we will require consent to use your
Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with
to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Website, our customers, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the
purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing
within the remit of the laid out by the General Data Protection Regulation. We will take
all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Data is treated securely and in
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers within the United
Kingdom. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have
given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain
parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask
you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely
secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee
the security of your Data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own
risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security
features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- We use all reasonable efforts not to disclose, use or collect Personal Data from
children under 13 years of age. If you believe your child has provided us with any
Personal Data by registering on the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your Data) if we intend to use your Data
for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for
such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking
certain boxes in the account area where you can control your Data options and where
required on the forms we use to collect your Data. You can also exercise the right at
request your information or to exercise your right to remove your data.
- The Website may from time to time, contain links to and from the sites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites,
please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not
accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies
before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
- Please refer to www.ico.co.uk if you are a UK citizen or if based in the EU to
your relevant supervisory authority for further information about your rights under the
Act. You have the right to receive a copy of the information we hold about you by
sending a request via our portal or in writing to us using the contact details set out
7. RETENTION POLICY
- Personal data will be held for the period to interact with you for a maximum of 2 years.
After the set time frame, your consent will be sought to continue holding your
information. However, if we do not hear back from you our default position is to
anonymise any identifiable information past its retention policy were consent was not
provided to continue holding the information.
Website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse the Website
and also allows us to improve. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the
- For more information about Cookies and how they are used please refer to https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies
How to Complain
- Please let us know if you have any concerns about how we used your personal information
by contacting us at email@example.com
- If you are a citizen of the UK or EU you have the right to report
your concerns to UK’s data protection supervisory authority, the Information
Commissioner’s Office or the relevant information commissioners office of your country
where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any